One Day...New Format...All Craft
We have an initial capacity of 250, across all divisions
Event details, Course route options, Entry Fees, Race Categories, How to get there, Where to park etc are all listed below and must be read prior to entry. This page will be updated by the end of January 2024 – please bare with us. It’ll be worth it.
One day race format:
Saturday July 6th
- Long course & Sprint
- Outriggers, Ocean Ski, SUP & Prone
Please Pay Attention
- Entry closes on June 25th
- All entrants MUST HAVE person insurance provided by their relevant sporting body e.g. GBSLS, BSUPA, ASI, GB Outrigger, BC
- Acknowledgment of Risk MUST be completed at time of booking
All V6 outrigger crews MUST contact me directly regarding beach access and rigging options prior to the event. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Mobile: 07533695031
Distance: this is categorised as being longer with fewer turns.
- Full course (outside) 16km for those with significant ocean experience
- Inside course 6km for those developing or new to the sport looking to gain experience on the ocean in a safe and friendly environment*
Technical: this is categorised as short (no more than 2k or no longer than 15 minutes in duration*) ‘M’ shaped course with more frequent turns and short run transitions.
If you are uncertain of whether to enter either the more challenging ‘Outside Course’ or the more sheltered ‘Inside Course’ simply enter your discipline and we are happy for you to talk with us and decide on the day at registration.
*distances are approximate, final course will be dictated by conditions on the day
Diamond Pursuit: similar to indoor track cycling, head to head time trials starting and finishing in the same place, crews are eliminated until a Grand finale. Approximately 1500m. This year we will use V6 outriggers in mixed teams using a Le Mans start, buoy turn in separate lanes with a beach sprint for the stroke.
STAND UP PADDLE BOARDS
- Inflatable (up to and including 12’6)
- Hard boards Open up to 14′
Challenge class will comprise hardboard and inflatable divisions with board lengths up to 12’6 – following the ethos of this event its focus about trying something new, testing developing skills and sharing the experience with others safely (none race shape board boards can enter in the same class as inflatables).
- One category (ocean ski & SLS)
Age categories for all craft will be the following:
- Lighties 13 – 14 (SUP only, challenge fun race on the beach)
- U18 (only ski paddlers can complete the ‘inside course’ – SUP will remain within Carbis Bay beach)
- Masters 35+
- Vet 45+
TWO FOR ONE – One entry fee at least two races
Enter the distance race and be automatically entered into the technical / sprint event.
(if you would like to race a second day having already entered in the other, entry fee will be an additional £10 payable at check in)
- Individual all craft – £35
(all age categories female & male excluding Junior)
- Double Ski & OC2 – £35 per person
- V6 – £20 per person
- Juniors (SUP inc. female & male) – £5 per person
- Challenge (novice or with limited ocean experience) £10
HOW TO BOOK
We are using Geotracks live this year, this means that entries must be made via the Geotracks portal. By doing so, not only is event safety increased (we will know exactly where each paddler is at any given moment) you can also stream the event live in the app on your phone, from your deckchair on the beach or at home in your armchair. Simply click on this link to enter.
SATURDAY DISTANCE 16km (V6 Outrigger Canoes)
The course used by the six person outrigger canoes will be the same as all other craft opting for the longer more exposed outside course. If conditions are not suitable on the day; the inside course, a more protected course (staying within St’Ives Bay) will be used. Both the inside and outside courses will start and finish on the beach at Carbis Bay (see route maps above). Ultimately the direction of travel around the course will be dictated by the prevailing wind conditions to maximise the longest down wind route.
Timings to be Confirmed
- 9:00am Registration
- 9:45am Event briefing
- 10:15am Race start (Female & Male crews)
- 12:00pm Race start (mixed crews)
SATURDAY Sprints (V6)
V6 outrigger canoes will participate in a mixed crew Le Mans style sprint, all other craft (Sunday) will follow the diamond pursuit similar to indoor track cycling, head to head time trials starting and finishing in the same place, paddlers are eliminated until a Grand finale. Approximate course distance 500 – 800m.
- 1:00pm Sprint Registration & Race Briefing
- 1:30pm Race Start
- 3:00pm Presentation
If you missed it earlier enter here using this link