We have an initial capacity of 250, across all divisions
Event details, Course route options, Entry Fees, Race Categories, How to get there, Where to park etc are all listed below and must be read prior to entry.
Two day race format:
Saturday July 1st
- Big Craft V6 – long course & Le Mans Sprint
Sunday July 2nd
- Small Craft (SUP, Ski, Prone, OC1 & 2) – long course & technical course
- Ocean Ski GB Selection Race for 2023 World Championships
Please Pay Attention
- Entry closes on June 25th
- All entrants MUST HAVE person insurance provided by their relevant sporting body e.g. GBSLS, BSUPA, ASI, WSA, GB Outrigger, BC
- Acknowledgment of Risk MUST be completed at time of booking
This two day event will incorporate Outrigger canoes, Stand Up Paddle boards, Prone paddle boards, Skis and OC1 & 2 in both technical (short course) and distance disciplines. The event will be split by craft type; Saturday will see the big boats hit the water in the morning fighting it out over the long course with fast and furious paddling later that day in the new 1500m diamond pursuit. Sunday with small craft (SUP, Ski, OC1 & 2 and Prone) plus, there will fun challenge races for developing paddlers and youngsters over a similar but shorter course.
All V6 outrigger crews MUST contact me directly regarding beach access and rigging options prior to the event. Email: email@example.com Mobile: 07533695031
Both Days will follow the same format, distance events earlier in the morning and short course later in the afternoon.
Distance: this is categorised as being longer with fewer turns.
- Full course (outside) 16km for those with significant ocean experience
- Inside course 6km for those developing or new to the sport looking to gain experience on the ocean in a safe and friendly environment*
Technical: this is categorised as short (no more than 2k or no longer than 15 minutes in duration*) ‘M’ shaped course with more frequent turns and short run transitions.
If you are uncertain of whether to enter either the more challenging ‘Outside Course’ or the more sheltered ‘Inside Course’ simply enter your discipline and we are happy for you to talk with us and decide on the day at registration.
*distances are approximate, final course will be dictated by conditions on the day
Diamond Pursuit: similar to indoor track cycling, head to head time trials starting and finishing in the same place, crews are eliminated until a Grand finale. Approximately 1500m. This year we will use V6 outriggers in mixed teams using a Le Mans start, buoy turn in separate lanes with a beach sprint for the stroke.
STAND UP PADDLE BOARDS
- Inflatable (up to and including 12’6)
- Hard boards Open up to 14′
Challenge class will comprise hardboard and inflatable divisions with board lengths up to 12’6 – following the ethos of this event its focus about trying something new, testing developing skills and sharing the experience with others safely (none race shape board boards can enter in the same class as inflatables).
- One category (ocean ski & SLS)
Age categories for all craft will be the following:
- Lighties 13 – 14 (SUP only, challenge fun race on the beach)
- U18 (only ski paddlers can complete the ‘inside course’ – SUP will remain within Carbis Bay beach)
- Masters 35+
- Vet 45+
TWO FOR ONE (ENTRY PRICE INCLUDES TWO RACES)
Enter the distance race and be automatically entered into the technical / sprint event.
(if you would like to race a second day having already entered in the other, entry fee will be an additional £10 payable at check in)
- Individual all craft – £35
(all age categories female & male excluding Junior)
- Double Ski & OC2 – £35 per person
- V6 – £20 per person
- Juniors (SUP inc. female & male) – £5 per person
- Challenge (novice or with limited ocean experience) £10
HOW TO BOOK
We are using Geotracks live this year, this means that entries must be made via the Geotracks portal. By doing so, not only is event safety increased (we will know exactly where each paddler is at any given moment) you can also stream the event live in the app on your phone, from your deckchair on the beach or at home in your armchair. Simply click on this link to enter.
SATURDAY DISTANCE 16km (V6 Outrigger Canoes)
The course used by the six person outrigger canoes will be the same as all other craft opting for the longer more exposed outside course. If conditions are not suitable on the day; the inside course, a more protected course (staying within St’Ives Bay) will be used. Both the inside and outside courses will start and finish on the beach at Carbis Bay (see route maps above). Ultimately the direction of travel around the course will be dictated by the prevailing wind conditions to maximise the longest down wind route.
- 9:00am Registration
- 9:45am Event briefing
- 10:15am Race start (Female & Male crews)
- 12:00pm Race start (mixed crews)
SATURDAY Sprints (V6)
V6 outrigger canoes will participate in a mixed crew Le Mans style sprint, all other craft (Sunday) will follow the diamond pursuit similar to indoor track cycling, head to head time trials starting and finishing in the same place, paddlers are eliminated until a Grand finale. Approximate course distance 500 – 800m.
- 1:00pm Sprint Registration & Race Briefing
- 1:30pm Race Start
- 3:00pm Presentation
SUNDAY DISTANCE (ALL SMALL CRAFT)
The main racing fleet for all craft will take on the longer (16km) ‘outside’ course while less experienced paddlers stay within the more protected St’Ives bay (6km). Later on in the afternoon will see paddlers take on the technical discipline, approximately 1km – 1.5km (15 minutes), starting with Juniors SUP at 2pm followed by Challenge SUP (up to 12’6) and hard board SUP (up to 14′), Prone boards (up to 12′) and finally skis – all categories except Juniors will run with separate female and male divisions or staggered starts if insufficient numbers are present.
- 9:00am Distance Registration All Craft
- 9:45am Event briefing
- 10:15am Distance Race start (all small craft & categories)
- 1:00pm Technical registration All Craft
- 2:30pm Race Briefing
- 3:00pm Junior & Challenge
- 3:45pm SUP & Prone boards
- 4:30pm Skis
- 5:30pm Presentation
Times for the technical event are provisional and are based upon numbers.
If you missed it earlier enter here using this link