Ocean Skills Paddle Clinic
- 08.00 Arrival and welcome*
- 08:30 Glenn Eldridge – introduction and safety review
- Overview of conditions, paddle routes and weekend timetable
- 9.30 Break
- 10:00 First orientation paddle from Carbis Bay beach.
- 11.00 review of orientation paddle and Ocean Skills workshop – pt1
- 12.30 Lunch
- 1.30 Ocean Skills workshop pt2
- 2.30 break
- 3.00 Ocean Paddle no2
- 4.30 ocean paddle review – points to work on
- 5.30 end of day
- 6.30 dinner
- 8.30 – conditions and safety review*
- 9.30 – paddle
- 11.00 analysis of morning paddle
- 12.30 wrap up
- 1pm finish*
The Ocean Skills Paddle Clinic for Stand up Paddleboarders, is designed as a 2-day course for intermediate paddlers who are looking to improve their paddling ability in open ocean conditions. We will endeavor to work with the prevailing conditions even if that means switching paddle location for more favorable conditions. It is our aim to get you as much experience as possible in waves and downwind settings so please come prepared to get wet.
*If the conditions are good there could be the option of an afternoon BONUS paddle from Carbis Bay starting at 2.30 although this will be just for fun and not part of the course.
*We will be providing hot drinks and a simple breakfast on both days, as well as lunch on Saturday. There will be an option to meet up for dinner on Saturday evening although the cost of this is not included.
(Please let us know of any special dietary requirements when you book)